How to Write a GREAT Online Dating Profile Headline and Description
SUMMING IT UP : The online dating profile is the most important step towards meeting a decent woman. We can give you all sorts of online dating profile examples to use on online dating sites, but you have to actually go out and write your own profile and be yourself in order to attract decent women. Without a killer profile, you probably won’t meet anyone.
The key to building the perfect online dating profile really isn’t as complicated as it seems. But it’s incredibly important to your success to do it the right way. Yes, there is a right and wrong way of creating a profile. Before we get into the correct ways of building a profile, let’s take a look at ways you can create a profile that will ensure pretty much no one responds to your messages or contacts you…
- Being overly perverted (it’s a dating site, not a hookup site…keep the naughty talk off the site).
- Being overly negative (there’s nothing more unattractive than being a Debbie Downer).
- Being full of yourself (displaying confidence is essential but there is a fine line between confidence and being completely full of yourself).
- Being confusing (if you can’t explain what you’re looking for and the type of woman you’re looking for it will be hard for women to decide whether or not to contact you).
- Being illiterate (if you can’t spell or form coherent sentences, you can’t get a date….simple as that).
Starting With the Headline: How to Get More Women to Open Up Your Profile Through a Catchy Header
Why do women open up a profile they see in the search results? It’s mostly because they find the picture attractive. But don’t kid yourself, that short headline above your picture is important as well. You won’t get women to click on your profile just because of the headline. But you will get MORE women to click on it if they like your picture and headline. So what exactly should you say in the header? Check out these online dating profile tips for headlines…
- Don’t try too hard to be creative. Just make it short, sweet, catchy, and to the point.
- The headline should match the type of personality displayed in your dating profile.
- If you are able to incorporate humor, you get bonus points.
- Don’t use any profanities or brag about something you don’t have.
A HEADLINE EXAMPLE: “Fishing for classy, beautiful women” (a great headline for an avid fisherman)
Moving on to the Description: Writing Content That Builds Up Your Attraction Level
Getting women to contact you is only possible if they find you attractive. Not the best looking guy in the world? So what? You don’t have to be. You can become more attractive and appealing to women simply by creating an awesome profile. Women love a man that’s good with words. Not so great with words either? No worries, we can help…
5 Things That Should Be Included in EVERY Profile Description:
- A lighthearted joke (or two) but nothing self-deprecating.
- Brief information about what you’re looking for in a woman (i.e. “a girl that is down to earth and knows how to have a good time”).
- Brief information about yourself and who you are (i.e. “I’m a jack of all trades”).
- 100+ words but no more than 250.
- An explanation of what you hope to get out of the site.
A PROFILE DESCRIPTION EXAMPLE: “I started out on here merely to see what’s out there. I’m a single guy so I figured I might as well check out what all the hype is with this Match site. Now I’m hooked! What I’m looking for now is more than just to see what Match has going on. I’m looking for the proverbial ‘one’. She’s out there. She’s down to earth, a little bit crazy (I am too so it’s all good), a little bit classy, and a lot bit amazing.
As for me, well I’m not going to share with you my entire life story here. You have to contact me for specifics. If I told you everything about my love of traveling the globe or how I have a knack for picking the absolute worst sports teams to support (Go Cubs Go!) we wouldn’t have anything to talk about when you message me. So I’ll tell you a little something about me before I wrap this up…I’m Brandon. I have my own place. I have my own car. I have a job (I’m a banker). And without seeming cocky, I believe I have a lot to offer in a relationship. Contact me for details on why I’ll be the perfect future ex-husband (kidding!).”